LOW COUNTRY BOIL

WOW
Another super fun week as a missionary, the best job in the whole world!
We had some exciting things happen this week! Sunday night we got to spend the evening in President and Sister Hollands home in preparation for our Sisters Conference this week, But before our meeting we had a LOW COUNTRY BOIL! And for those of you who don't know what that is it is from the DEEP South! Its a HUGE pot and you boil potatoes, corn, onions, sausage and shrimp! Put some cajun seasoning on it and BOOM low country boil!
It was awesome! Following dinner we had an awesome meeting with the Hollands getting ready for sisters conference this week it is going to be so amazing we cannot wait!! AH... THAT IS IF HURRICANE DORIAN STAYS AWAY.... Im sure most of you have heard about the Hurricane that is on the fast track to NC in the next few days. Missionaries on the coast have already been evacuated and are coming to the raleigh/durham areas to be housed! So things are exciting to say the very least! 

We had MLC this week and it was awesome! I was very humbled by the things that I learned! 
I was struck by a story in the Book of Mormon that I have studied 1000 times but never saw it like this!
In Alma 20:23 King Lamoni's father just got his arm chopped off by Ammon because of the threats he was making against them... and this is what he says in response "Now the king, fearing he should lose his life, said: If thou wilt spare me I will grant unto thee whatsoever thou wilt ask, even to half of the kingdom." For HIS OWN life, he is willing to give up half the kingdom to ammon.
BUT after Ammon teaches him and helps him to understand Gods eternal plan and the Gospel of Jesus Christ only 2 chapters later in Alma 22:15 he says.. "15 And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: aWhat shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be bborn of God, having this wicked spirit crooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up dall that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy." AFTER HE KNOWS ABOUT THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST HE IS WILLING TO GIVE UP ALL HE POSSESSED IN ORDER TO LIVE WITH GOD AGAIN AND HAVE THE GOSPEL IN HIS LIFE! 
We heard 2 real life examples of this story of men that literally gave up EVERYTHING for this gospel. One man that was being taught the discussions in Fayetteville who lost everything from meeting with the missionaries, his girlfriend, his friends, his family, and $85,000 his only way back home... But because he knows this church is true, in his eyes he lost nothing! He only gained from the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon.
Another recent convert who is currently in a detention center because of his beliefs, we don't know the details but i do know that there are so many faithful saints who like the Anti-Nephi-Lehies are willing to bury their weapons Deep and always stay true to what they have felt by the spirit! 

Agnes and lyric were at church on sunday! we were so happy to have them there! 
Tia came down for the weekend and we got to see her so that was AWESOME!!

WE ARE SO SO SO SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THE TEMPLE!!! The more i study and prepare to answer peoples questions for the open house the deeper my love for the temple grows and my desire to attend increases! For all my friends in Utah never take the temple for granted! 

I love you all and as always love being a missionary!
Sister Kinne 








Comments